Ultimate Equal lambast Gov Obaseki over billboard tussle

By Kadiri Christopher


The portion of the billboard allegedly removed



An Edo frontline politician and rights activist, Chief Patrick Eholor, founder of ONE LOVE FOUNDATION, has recently accused the governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki for alleged illegal removal of a billboard donated to support Olumide Osaigbovo Akpata governorship campaign.


The Canadian citizen who first spoke in Benin dialect in a video he made available on social media said his billboard has been long paid for and that he has been using the medium to sensitize and educate the citizens.


Ultimate Equal later paraphrased his message in English, roaring that the governor of Edo State need not go after billboards if he has good stewardship account.


Accusing the governor, Chief Eholor who is popularly referred to as Ultimate Equal said, "Godwin Obaseki is now very dangerous because he knows that in the next six or seven months, he's going to be an ex governor, an ordinary citizen just like you and me. So, he is desperately doing everything to bring his god son, Asue Ighodalo to power.


"If you have done well as a governor, would you have been going after billboards and other opponents?


"In a civilized world, during politics, you talk yours, I also talk mine. 


"You have your billboard, I have mine. There's no need going after my billboard. You are judged by what you have done for the citizen.


"You and your thugs have the guts to fight me at Urhokpota. Listen, if you are going to kill me, please don't leave your head at home. Why don't you come by yourself instead of sending your thugs after me?


"Listen to me Mr Obaseki. If anything happens to me before, during or after election, I am going to hold you responsible because everybody knows you are after my life.


"I have used that billboard to educate the people of Edo State and people can attest to it.


"I am a Canadian citizen. I am not a coward. I am Ultimate Equal", he said.


A visit to the point where the billboard is mounted revealed that the portion usually occupied by Chief Patrick Eholor messages have been removed.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post