Dangote workers kidnapped, dozens injured in Edo

By Kadiri Christopher


Alinco Dangote

It has been reported that no fewer than 15 workers of the Dangote Cement Company were kidnapped at Okpella in Edo State.


Narrating the incident to LEGENDS TV, an eyewitness said the workers who were inside their staff bus were intercepted on their way home.


According to him, "the workers were returning from work when they were ambushed by suspected bandits at Okpella.


"A lot of them were kidnapped and taken into the bush. My friend is inside the bush too, he is among those kidnapped.


"Some workers who attempted to escape were shot. Some are battling for their lives right now at various hospitals. My colleague is also injured by a bullet.


"I was driving from the opposite direction when I heard gunshots around Afokpella, a community in Okpella. Later, I saw people running towards my direction, so I took cover and I saw them taking our workers away into the bush", he said


According to the Peoples Gazette who contacted the Spokesperson of the Dangote Cement PLC, Michael Odofin, "it is true that some of our workers who were on their way home have been kidnapped.


"Some were injured and I cannot speak much about the attack for now because the incident is very new", he said.


Every effort to get comments from the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, SP Nwanbuzor Chidi prove abortive as the telephone network was a bit unfriendly.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post