Suicide bomber nab inside UBA

By Kadiri Christopher 




A young man identified as Benjamin Basil has been nabbed by operatives of the Nigeria Police, Plateau State Command over an attempted suicide bombing of United Bank Of Africa, UBA, Jos.


According to a banker who pleaded anonymously,  "we were all inside our banking hall when a young man came in and worked towards our Customer Service Manager, CSM. He was looking so worried, sweating profusely. The next thing, he raised up his shirt and started shouting that we should give him 100,000,000 naira.


"We were scared. None of us could go out because of the position he stood in.


"Not quite long, the Police came to our rescue", he narrated.


Investigation further revealed that Benjamin Basil who resides at Dorowa, opposite Police Staff College, Jos, is a student of Plateau State Polytechnic, Ladies Heipang Campus.


He was nabbed by both tactical teams from the Operations and Anti-Bomb Squad of the Plateau State Command.


In his explanation, Benjamin Basil told the investigative police that he was on his way to school, a car blocked him and the occupants pointed guns at him and ordered him to get inside the car and if he made any attempt to run, he would be shot.


According to the suspected suicide bomber, "when I entered the car, they took me to an unknown destination. It was there they tied the explosive device on my body. They gave me a letter to deliver to the banker. They also gave me an empty bag. They took me on a bike to the bank and ordered me to go and threaten  to explode if they refused to give me 100,000,000 naira. 


"I am not a suicide bomber. I am innocent. I was under duress. They threatened to kill me and my family if I don't cooperate with them", he explained.


Benjamin Basil has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigative Department, SCID, Jos for further interrogation.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post